Friday, March 27, 2015

So this happened...

I didn’t really enjoy this whole process. I mean, to begin I didn’t even like the poem. The poem’s first few lines made me think something totally different from its intended meaning, and once I knew my interpretation was wrong I honestly lost all interest in going forward. I didn’t want to, but I did, because high school. So, I interpreted each line as it made sense to me, wrote a few thoughts about what the line could mean, then answered the questions based on my translation of the lines as I understood them. I didn’t mind translating each line. It was the questions that sort of annoyed me, because I like thinking and doing all of it in my head, not writing the answers down. I feel like when I write it down I’m not actually coming to any conclusion, like it is a set answer without flexibility, but in reality the answer could change. I feel like when I write things down I also don’t need to think about or remember it, so I don’t. I have to work on that. I totally love annotating and translating though.

No comments:

Post a Comment