Monday, May 11, 2015

Monty Python and the Holy Grail


I actually have never seen this movie straight through, and I really loved it. It was much stupider than I thought, but I really liked that. Usually I can't stand movies that make me feel like I am losing brain cells, but it was more classically planned and written than most of the modern movies like that. It might also just be that I sort of grew up with watching clips of this film, so I knew sort of what to expect. There were so many parts though that were so stupid that I had to face-palm or look away. Like, "What? What the hell? Is this really happening?" Yes, yes it was, To be honest, I don't think I even would have been able to come up with something as funny as that. Yeah, I am hilarious, but that is on the spot comedic genius. I wonder if any of this movie was left to improvising... It sure seemed like it in some spots, just based on how they were talking. This is making me think of the show "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" where the actors improvise all of the lines in different skits. You never know where all of that will go, and that is the exciting part of it all. Anyway, the movie was really good, but made me lose about three IQ points. What if writing these movies made you gain IQ points from all of the people that lose them due to your movie? That could get a bit intense...

1 comment:

  1. I love this! (and the whole response, actually!):

    "What if writing these movies made you gain IQ points from all of the people that lose them due to your movie? That could get a bit intense..."

    ReplyDelete